It’s only been a few days since my first Treats for Troops post but I thought with a big football weekend upon us that it would be perfect timing to share this recipe. I first made these pretzels back before Christmas as a special request from my soldier overseas. I ended up making ten batches over the holidays, splitting them up into decorative bags and handing them out to friends, family and teachers! Raving reviews came back and even my mom, who normally doesn’t like heavily seasoned items, is making them on a weekly basis! If making to share or for a gathering, go ahead and start with a double batch!
1 lb bag pretzel nuggets
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
2) Pour pretzels into a large bowl
3) Drizzle oil over pretzels and stir until evenly coated
4) In a small bowl mix seasonings
5) Sprinkle seasonings over pretzels and stir until evenly coated
6) Spread pretzels on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
7) Bake 40 minutes, stirring pretzels every 10 minutes
8) Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving
9) Store in a air-tight container and they will stay fresh for a few weeks!
* For an extra kick try the ‘spicy’ ranch dressing mix!
* I use a slotted spoon to scoop the pretzel onto the pan. Puddles of extra oil & seasoning can lead to scorching while baking.
* Make sure to stir frequently to help prevent scorching.